February 8, 2022
What You’ll Walk Away With:
– A summary of best practices to help corporations across the globe navigate the various challenges of cross-border and multi-jurisdictional investigations.
– Knowledge of the necessary initial steps and risk mitigation when confronted with cross-border and multi-jurisdictional investigations, where timing and the first response is critical.
– Insights by former prosecutors and private practitioners with decades of experience.
Sept 15, 2021
This is the first of a three-part series of webinars wherein our experienced speakers will help clients:
– Identify business and legal risks in cross-border transactions
– Understand best practices in pre-transaction due diligence in cross-border M&A and post-transaction compliance in this rapidly evolving area
– Effectively conduct an internal investigation or defend and manage a government investigation
Investors, regulators, consumers, the media, and even business executives and employees are increasingly evaluating the performance of companies on non-financial environmental, social and governance (ESG) measures. As market expectations change, companies need to adapt to ensure the availability of capital, create value for existing and new classes of stakeholders, meet regulatory requirements, and build their brands.
This webinar will help clients identify the opportunities associated with ESG and develop strategies to mitigate the key legal risks, including exploration of the critical areas of corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
Hear from Milton Vescovacci from Gunster law firm all about Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs), its features, advantages and risk factors.
- How #SPACs work.
- Why SPACs are increasingly used to take companies public in place of traditional #IPOs.
- What #investors should be wary of when considering SPAC investments.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of SPACs versus traditional IPOs.
- Why SPACs are attractive to target companies and what are some of the risks for target companies considering a SPAC transaction.
- How regulators are dealing with the explosion of SPACs.
Kevin LeMasters, Vice President of Trinchero Family Estates Napa Valley Operations and his team and John Jackson, Partner at Jackson Walker LLP (aka AttorneySomm), discuss wines and the current industry. Moderated by Mark Niebuhr, Senior Vice President at EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants.
A discussion on the latest Central European bankruptcy developments. What is happening during the COVID-19 pandemic and what will happen as the world emerges from it?
Walk away with:
- The latest insights into the prospects for bankruptcy in the coming year.
- Expert contributions on current issues in bankruptcy in the EU and at large.
- Knowledge of the state of play in Poland, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia.
February 19, 2021
Cyber Risk: Understanding the Risks & Solutions Post-COVID-19
Learn all about cyber risk in today’s world of business from EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants experts. Main takeaways include:
- An understanding of the leading issues that organizations face regarding cyber threats and vulnerabilities, including the consequences of not having coverage.
- The impact of COVID-19 on cyber insurance.
- Insurance coverage is surprisingly affordable versus the growing nature of cyber risks.
- Knowledge about the EPIC approach:
- An experienced cyber and technology risk placement team
- Risk identification/ERM capabilities
- Access to best in class, pre- and post-breach vendors and consultants
- An experienced cyber claims and legal support
November 17, 2020
The COVID-19 Pandemic and Employee-Employer Relations and Responsibilities
New issues have come up in employer-employee relations as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. How do employers and employees in different jurisdictions deal with certain employment-related aspects during the pandemic, such as remote working environment, health and safety, temporary unemployment, business closure and discharge of employees? Are these issues handled differently based on business and employment culture in each region?
October 22, 2020
Globalaw Wine Tasting Event with Ambassador Kathryn Walt Hall
Ambassador Kathryn Walt Hall, proprietor of HALL, WALT and BACA Wines and the former U.S. Ambassador to Austria, and John Jackson, Partner at Jackson Walker LLP (aka AttorneySomm), discuss HALL wines and the current industry.
September 29, 2020
Can Hong Kong Continue to be the Financial Hub of Asia?
Panelists shared their expert views on:
- The updated social, economic and political environment in Hong Kong (amid social unrest and the COVID-19 pandemic);
- Hong Kong’s role in the China-US trade war;
- Hong Kong’s strategic position as China’s gateway to world trade and its future;
- Hong Kong’s competitiveness as a global financial centre vis-à-vis competitors (such as Singapore, Tokyo and Shanghai).
September 10, 2020
Navigating the New Workplace: Communications, Risk and Governance
The world’s response to COVID-19 has resulted in the most rapid transformation of the workplace. Whilst some changes have been enforced, COVID-19 has also been a catalyst to reinvent the future of work and take the opportunity to make things better than they were.
In this webinar, representatives from EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants, Powerling and The Briars Group explore the fast-tracking of trends in communications, risk and governance and how to proactively equip your firm with the resources to build back and build better.
Main takeaways include:
- Best practices for today’s workforce regarding remote working and human support.
- Cybersecurity strategies and how to mitigate risk.
- Advice on how to upscale your boards, rewrite some of the rules and revisit your social contracts.
July 15, 2020
COVID-19 and Constitutional Rights
The application of measures taken in response to the COVID-19 threat has varied considerably from one country to another in different points of time. In most cases, society has been asked to compromise between helping to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and preserving constitutional rights including freedom of expression, freedom of movement, privacy and data protection. However, where do we draw the line between personal space and civic duty? And will this line blur post-pandemic?
Hear a global perspective on the challenges facing GC’s due to COVID-19. Our panel discussed how in-house counsel legal needs have changed with regard to:
- Expectations of their outside counsel
- Costs and budgeting challenges
- Changes in inhouse legal departments
- Need for real-time and relevant information and advice
- Changes in decision-making paradigms
Join Julia Holden-Davis, Globalaw President, for an online panel session with Globalaw member firm representatives from China, Taiwan, Italy, Spain, and the US to discuss the overall impact of COVID-19, lessons learnt and best practices on how to thrive in the post-COVID-19 world.