February 19, 2021
Cyber Risk: Understanding the Risks & Solutions Post-COVID-19
Learn all about cyber risk in today’s world of business from EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants experts. Main takeaways include:
- An understanding of the leading issues that organizations face regarding cyber threats and vulnerabilities, including the consequences of not having coverage.
- The impact of COVID-19 on cyber insurance.
- Insurance coverage is surprisingly affordable versus the growing nature of cyber risks.
- Knowledge about the EPIC approach:
- An experienced cyber and technology risk placement team
- Risk identification/ERM capabilities
- Access to best in class, pre- and post-breach vendors and consultants
- An experienced cyber claims and legal support
November 17, 2020
The COVID-19 Pandemic and Employee-Employer Relations and Responsibilities
New issues have come up in employer-employee relations as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. How do employers and employees in different jurisdictions deal with certain employment-related aspects during the pandemic, such as remote working environment, health and safety, temporary unemployment, business closure and discharge of employees? Are these issues handled differently based on business and employment culture in each region?
October 22, 2020
Globalaw Wine Tasting Event with Ambassador Kathryn Walt Hall
Ambassador Kathryn Walt Hall, proprietor of HALL, WALT and BACA Wines and the former U.S. Ambassador to Austria, and John Jackson, Partner at Jackson Walker LLP (aka AttorneySomm), discuss HALL wines and the current industry.
September 29, 2020
Can Hong Kong Continue to be the Financial Hub of Asia?
Panelists shared their expert views on:
• The updated social, economic and political environment in Hong Kong (amid social unrest and the COVID-19 pandemic);
• Hong Kong’s role in the China-US trade war;
• Hong Kong’s strategic position as China’s gateway to world trade and its future;
• Hong Kong’s competitiveness as a global financial centre vis-à-vis competitors (such as Singapore, Tokyo and Shanghai).
September 10, 2020
Navigating the New Workplace: Communications, Risk and Governance
The world’s response to COVID-19 has resulted in the most rapid transformation of the workplace. Whilst some changes have been enforced, COVID-19 has also been a catalyst to reinvent the future of work and take the opportunity to make things better than they were.
In this webinar, representatives from EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants, Powerling and The Briars Group explore the fast-tracking of trends in communications, risk and governance and how to proactively equip your firm with the resources to build back and build better.
Main takeaways include:
- Best practices for today’s workforce regarding remote working and human support.
- Cybersecurity strategies and how to mitigate risk.
- Advice on how to upscale your boards, rewrite some of the rules and revisit your social contracts.
July 15, 2020
COVID-19 and Constitutional Rights
The application of measures taken in response to the COVID-19 threat has varied considerably from one country to another in different points of time. In most cases, society has been asked to compromise between helping to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and preserving constitutional rights including freedom of expression, freedom of movement, privacy and data protection. However, where do we draw the line between personal space and civic duty? And will this line blur post-pandemic?
Hear a global perspective on the challenges facing GC’s due to COVID-19. Our panel discussed how in-house counsel legal needs have changed with regard to:
• Expectations of their outside counsel
• Costs and budgeting challenges
• Changes in inhouse legal departments
• Need for real-time and relevant information and advice
• Changes in decision-making paradigms
Join Julia Holden-Davis, Globalaw President, for an online panel session with Globalaw member firm representatives from China, Taiwan, Italy, Spain, and the US to discuss the overall impact of COVID-19, lessons learnt and best practices on how to thrive in the post-COVID-19 world.